This is going to catch on, mark my words. Ok, maybe not. But for those of you bored at the office... We developed Google Off, a test of your internet sleuth skills and a gauge of your sense of humor. One of you picks a word. Then through a Google Image search, you choose one image result as your submission.
The rules, as developed by my colleague are:
1. Scoring done on multiple levels
2. Vote on who wins - in the event you do not a agree - a third party will need to get involved (preferably one who is unbiased)
3. Pictures have to be such that you could pull them up in work and not get fired
4. Results must be returned within one hour of game start; or game is considered null and void - but only one entry per participant
5. 5 points awarded to each winner
6. Prizes - reward points can be cashed in for things such as "starbucks" or "lunch" or "candy", etc
7. Picture must be a result of the google image search based upon the agreed upon word
Rules are subject to change. "You missed it" will not be held liable for any fist fights, dance offs, or other misdirected anger in losing a round of Google Off. Google Off should not be played immediately before bedtime. Be sure you have at least eight hours to devote to sleep before becoming active. You should not engage in any activity after playing Google Off that requires complete alertness, such as driving a car or operating machinery. You should use extreme care when engaging in these activities the morning after playing Google Off. Do not use alcohol while playing Google Off. Most games carry some risk of dependency. Do not play Google Off for extended periods without first talking to your Boss. Side effects may include unpleasant taste, headache, drowsiness and dizziness. Do not play Google Off if you are pregnant or may become pregnant.