Jun 2, 2012

Louvre

When I was in college, I took two art history classes. I took them both in four hour blocks. This was a mistake. Spending four hours in a dark room looking at slides with a professor who was incredibly monotone made it very, very hard to stay awake. More often than not, I'd find myself nodding off, my notes sliding off the page. She said that we would remember everything she taught us for the rest of our lives. Well, I don't. I have a bad memory, but I also may not remember it all because I was probably sleeping. I do remember her discussing Victory one day.

"Tomorrow...we shall talk about...Victory...with wings...but for now...Victory...without."

Well, I finally got to see Miss Victory, and it was exciting, since I actually did remember learning about her.

Victory with wings
Child trying to murder a goose
I wouldn't trust this guy
Shhh...
Venus de Milo

No comments: