Jun 2, 2012

Lundi

On Monday, my fellow travelers ventured off to Belgium, and I stayed in Paris with Christophe. We ventured around to what you might call "second tier" attractions. I had wanted to see the Jardin des Plantes, which happened to be next to the Museum of Natural History, and the Mosque of Paris, all of which I went to. In the museum, I learned that a norwhal is a real animal and not just a claymation creature in holiday TV specials. I'm not going to lie, that blew my mind a little bit. I also got to run around like a kid looking at the animals.

After the museum, it was time for some sugary snacks, and I cannot stress the word "sugar" enough. In the back of the mosque, there's a tea room, where they serve mint tea that was pretty much 80 percent sugar. Christophe grabbed some pastries that were also entirely too sweet to ingest. So, I fed sugar to the birds that kept visiting our table.

Next stop was the Luxembourg Palace (Palais du Luxembourg), where I didn't take a lot of pictures because it was so hot out I felt like I was melting on the sun.


No comments: