Jul 12, 2011

What do I want to be when I grow up?

It's getting a little late to still be asking that question, admittedly. Can't I just be a kid again and have summers off? Is that too much too ask? I've been told to consider being a teacher-then I'd have summers off. But, aside from not at all wanting to go back to school, I don't think I have the temperment to be a teacher. Which begs the question, what do I have the temperment for?

One career assessment I took said that I should be an undertaker. That would certainly take care of my lack of desire to deal with people. Funny thing is that my family is in that business, and I learned at a young age that I am terrified of death and dead people. So, that's out. Perhaps with my genetic ability to go from calm to irate in less than ten seconds, I could be a cage fighter or maybe a prison guard. But I am not that strong so I'd definitely get hurt. And since I am still single (sorry Grandma) I need to at least try to be pretty as I can awhile longer. Getting kicked in the face would certainly deter that.

There's a world of options between teacher and undertaker, but it's summer, and it's warm out and I just want to be outside instead of stuck in a cubicle. Maybe someone will pay me just to exist. Wouldn't that be nice? A job traveling would be stellar. But I guess, for now, I'll just get back to writing my weekly newsletter so I can leave at 5 p.m. and sit in traffic. There has to be a better way! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you do become an Undertaker, at least you don't have to stand around and say, "Thanks for coming, hope to see you again soon."