Sep 8, 2013

Forgetfulness was My Downfall

Today was my second full day of teacher training. (Technically it was the third day, but day one was orientation.) Anyway, I woke up this morning and wanted tacos. Hey, its happens. It's not the worst way to start a day. 

I got up early to go to a 9:15 a.m. yoga class to start doing my make up hours for the one training class I know I am going to miss for a friend's wedding. That class ended at 10:30 a.m. and I was starving. "This is too early for tacos," I thought. So I went home and made eggs. 

By 2 p.m. sitting in training I was starving and now tacos were pretty much all I could think about. Well, there was also, "I wonder how long I am going to have to hold this pigeon variation," and "Oh, that's how a tight hip can cause knee pain." 

But then...it was 20-minute break time. So I hurried my little butt on over to Taco Truck and ordered myself some chorizo tacos with extra cheese. I was so happy they finally had chorizo back on the menu. Knowing I had to go back and do some yoga, I only got two tacos instead of three. Good thinking, right?

First, no, an hour is not enough time to digest tacos. But hey, now I know. After class, sitting on my floor watching an anatomy video, it hit me: "CRAP I ATE CHEESE!"

So my dairy experiment has already failed because I totally forgot about the dairy experiment in the first place. I just really wanted some tacos. I guess the good news is, that I have eaten remarkably less dairy the past few days and think maybe I notice a difference. I've also been using the neti pot (without any nose-leaking mishaps later in the day!). 

Maybe I will continue to try to cut back on dairy? Or maybe I'll go back to trying to not have any, so long as I remember. I have stuck to the gluten-free thing, so there's that.

No comments: