Sep 6, 2013

Day Two No Dairy. Day One Yoga School.

I think that by eliminating gluten and now dairy from my diet, I've effectively removed 90 percent of the things that I eat. I've been eating a lot of bananas. I'm not sure that's healthy. I did reconfirm today that I dislike curry. It's just not good. 

Day two of my three-week dairy fast was also day one of my 200-hour yoga teacher training, which is way more exciting than the constant debate about whether or not to eat ice cream (it's only day two...I've had this debate at least ten times already). I wanted to do this when I was 22. Twelve years later, someone saying to me, "Make a list of the things that you would do if you weren't afraid" put this as number one. Mainly because I hate public speaking. So I signed up. 

The people I met tonight are all amazing and I think this may end up being one of the best decisions I've ever made. The program is mostly one full weekend a month plus one additional Saturday for eight months. I'm really excited and can't wait to go back tomorrow. Unfortunately, by the time class got out, all the produce stores were closed and I couldn't buy any more bananas. 

No comments: